Home-Start Clackmannanshire have been supporting families through-out local communities across Clackmannanshire since 1988! No mean feat! Through a combination of direct support from one of our Family Support Co-ordinators, one to one support within the home from one of our home-visiting Family Support Volunteers, or within one of our Family Support Groups we support families who are struggling to get through the day due to their daily challenges. We offer a unique service providing practical and emotional support to families with at least one child under the age of 12, living in the Clackmannanshire area.
We recognise that being a parent, wherever you live and whatever your circumstances isn’t easy. To help give children the best possible start in life, Home-Start Clackmannanshire supports parents as they grow in confidence, overcome obstacles, strengthen their relationships with their children and widen their links with the local community.
Vision and Values
Home-Start Clackmannanshire aims to increase the confidence and independence of the family by:
- Offering emotional and practical support and friendship
- Visiting families in their own homes, where the dignity and identity of each adult and child can be respected and protected
- Developing a relationship with the family where the approach is flexible to take account of each families different needs
- Encouraging parents’ strengths and emotional well-being for the ultimate benefit of their children
- Encouraging families to widen their network of relationships, effectively using the support and service available within the community
Home-Start Clackmannanshire’s values are always at the forefront of the work we do:
- We offer families choice.
- We work in partnership – with each other, with families and with other agencies.
- We work in a spirit of openness, encouragement and enjoyment.
- We are flexible and responsive to the needs of families.